St. Rose Parish
St. Rose Parish was founded on September 2, 1867 by the Dominican Fathers of Saint Joseph's Priory near Somerset. Father Leo Adams, O.P. was the first pastor. Early in 1868 two lots and a brick building were purchased at Main and Water St. from Samuel Koonts.
In April 1876, Fr. Philip Meschenmoser, an exile German Jesuit, became the first resident pastor. He built the rectory and the present St. Rose Church in 1880.